Friday, December 2, 2011

Melted Moments

,
Don’t read this with your eyes. See it with your heart. Cos, this is our story……

A moon silver Swift which was being driven at 80Kmph on the KBR park road along the jubilee hills pulled over to the left extreme and came to a standstill after the tyres were locked by the disc brakes.

A few minutes back….

‘Akhil, I want an ice-cream’ Meghana said. I looked at my watch and it was 0100 hrs past midnight. ‘Now?’ I asked. ‘Yes, now… ‘She said. I grabbed the keys on the table and ……

‘I want mango bar…. No… choco bar… no… I think I will go for cornetto…. Hmm.. I don’t know.. I am not able to choose….’ Meghana said.

‘Why don’t you have all the three…’ I said looking at Meghana’s face. They were still sitting in the car and Meghana moved her gaze from the left window and looked at him, ‘So that my teeth get spoiled ….’ And Akhil continued, ‘…. And they will be extracted and you will look like an old woman and you will be stammering and at some point of time, you will stop this blabbering and peace will return to my life…’ I said.

‘Blabbering aaa… peace aaa…. ‘She said even as she hit on my chest before I caught her hands and laughed out loud.

I have been married to Meghana for the past four years. To me, she’s the most beautiful girl I have ever seen or I will ever see. After my mom, perhaps my life mostly revolved around Meghana. Her beauty, her prudence, her loving and caring nature and above all her beautiful smile which seemed to have lighted up my life, all made the world around me look beautiful. And the way I treat her like a two year old kid, makes her feel so secure in my hands.

Every night, I have to feed her food with the spoon running behind her or else she starts crying like a baby. Every night I have to wish her good night by planting a kiss on her forehead else she wouldn’t go to sleep. Every morning she wakes up kissing me, else she feels that her day’s gone for a toss. And every moment she wants me to say ‘I Love You’ to her else she feels miserably alone.

‘Akhil, you know why I need you to love me so much…?’ she asked and there was a pause for a while, ‘Maximum we may live for another 50 years, with god’s grace, and obviously, not more than that. After those 50 years, we will leave our bodies and our souls will merge with the almighty. As a soul, I won’t have any mind and so I don’t think we can love each other so much then. So I need you to default love me so much now.’

‘Every moment I spend with you is precious, every breath I take I am reminded of you, every heart beat makes me love you more and more’

‘A day will come Akhil, when you and I will die. And that day, if we look back at the time we spent together, it’s nothing. Believe me, you will know that we have never spent so much time. You will think that it was yesterday or day before yesterday that you married me. And that you want to spend more time with me because you will feel that we haven’t spent any time together’

‘Life is ephemeral. All these moments of love will melt down. All these feelings of the heart will die from within body. And if you turn back and look at our life, you will see lot of fights, quarrels, loathe….’

‘And that day when I am 60 or 70 years old, I don’t want to feel that I have wasted some precious moments which would then mean a lot to me. I want to enjoy each and every moment with you Akhil, I won’t ask you for anything more…’

‘You know why I wake you up at midnight and ask me to take you for an ice-cream? It’s not that if I don’t eat my ice-cream, heavens will fall down or earth will break apart. I want to see the love in your eyes, whenever I say, we’ll go to have an ice-cream. I want to play with you even at this extra hour of the midnight. I want to feel your love at all points of the time as long as I am alive..’

‘What have I done to you Meghana… why do you love me so much…’ there were tears in my eyes even as I asked her.

‘Akhil, to a child, its parents are everything. Why do the parents love their kid? Why can’t they rear him and later leave him like most animals do? This is where the human race has diversified itself from other species on earth. That extra ability to think, that extra ability to love is the answer for the question. Some one who’s given me birth and bring me up, I have loved them so much, you are some one with whom I have shared my everything, my life, my body and my soul, and some one with whom I am supposed to spend the rest of my life, isn’t it evident that I should love you equally well or even more’

That moment my heart beat stopped. My eyelid slowly dropped blocking my vision. There was nothing around me. The whole world seemed blank. And then Meghana held my hand. And my heart started to beat again. And I opened my eyes and saw the world around me. It looked beautiful. Never before have I seen such a wonderful place to live. The milieu was teeming with love.

I just pulled her close to my heart. And gave her the best hug in all these years since I was married to her. I kissed on her forehead, her cheeks her lips and again on her forehead… I knew I wouldn’t get this time again. Never again.

They say that everyone is born for a specific purpose. I don’t know why I was born till this moment. But then I realized that making my wife happy and loving her so much is one of my purposes.

I prayed to god that time should stop at this point. I just fast forwarded time and I could see her and me walking along the same road hand in hand. The road to that point is very much in my hands. I am going to enjoy each and every precious moment with her.

Finally, the day has dawned and she left me. My Meghana left me after loving me so much for 50 long years. 50 long years, no way, it was more than a fleeting transience, just as Meghana told me. I have enjoyed all these years with her, but the human mind asks for more. It’s never satisfied. I wish I had hundred such lives to spend with her. Perhaps, that would also be insufficient.

And yes, the purpose of my life… because of Meghana’s love, I understood what humanity means, I understood why we need to help others, why human being is some special species…

More than three-fourths of the money I had earned was donated in charity not only for the upliftment of my fellow beings but also for my fellow creatures.

My message to everybody would be, ‘Love your wife, love your parents, and love your fellow beings. Strive for their upliftment and also care for your fellow creatures… Man is something special. He’s changed the face of earth. Leave behind hate, detest and loathe, and see the world through your eyes and you will know how beautifully God has created this heaven for us…’

A metallic black X-4 concept car which was being driven at 80Kmph on the KBR park road along the jubilee hills pulled over to the left extreme and came to a standstill after the tyres were locked by the disc brakes.

A few minutes back….

‘Akhil, I want an ice-cream’ Meghana said. I looked at my watch and it was 0100 hrs past midnight. ‘Now?’ I asked. ‘Yes, now… ‘She said. I grabbed the keys on the table and ……

‘I want mango bar…. No… choco bar… no… I think I will go for cornetto…. Hmm.. I don’t know.. I am not able to choose….’ Meghana, my granddaughter said. My daughter named her daughter in the fond memory of my wife. Meghana, the name I love the most….

‘Grandpa, your ice-cream is melting down…’ Meghana said even when I was reminded of those melted moments with Meghana, my wife.

:- Sanjeev Siva -:
(Writer)

This is one of my all time best stories forwarded through email. I hope you also like the story

1 comments:

  • November 17, 2017 at 2:29 AM

    Great article, Thanks for your nice data, the content is quiet attention-grabbing. i'll be expecting your next post.

    delete

Post a Comment

 

KHRY Stories Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger